So, What Is It?

I feel like, and this is completely unresearched, many bloggers start off by telling you how different their blog is going to be from others. Or what new and interesting things readers should expect from their blog. Or how they aren't writing it for attention. (By the way, up until this very moment I had no idea that "unresearched" was not a real word. It should be. You'll be seeing it a lot.)

That being said, allow me to introduce you to "So," my blog, written not only by but (pretty much) for me. It's a blog unlike any other before it, and it's completely unique in character and topic. Oh! I should also mention I'm definitely not doing it for the attention or drama of it all. Good to dispel of that idea early.

So, what is it?

I'm writing this instead as a relief effort for the many people in my life (and my own ever running mind) who are tired of hearing me rank things that shouldn't be ranked, list things that shouldn't be listed, and extol the virtues of things that shouldn't be extolled. It's an effort to lift the burden off of those who have suffered through all of the answers to my own perennial question, "Do you know what my favorite thing in the world is?" It is meant to be an easy scapegoat for those who would love to know whatever it is I'm about to monologue about, without having to endure the monologue itself. It is, above all else, my form of humanitarian relief.

Or, at least, that's what I'm pretending it is.

So, why's it called So?

It's called "So" because 'so' is such a versatile word, and it may be the one word I love to play with more than any other. It is both an invitation to expand upon an idea (i.e. soooooo...?) and a full-stop dissent (i.e. so.) It magnifies the weight of any given phrase or situation (i.e. I love you so much!) and it also allows for an explanation that is often times unnecessary and fallacious (i.e. so that must mean... etc.). It is, very much, me in vocabulary form.

'So' are also the initials for a few beautiful phrases. "Significant other" comes to mind. More importantly however (and more readily usable) is the phrase "shout out." I find that I shout out things a lot. Definitely a lot more than I should. "So" is a tribute to those phrases and any others it is a part of or representative of (looking at you - so-so). Also, a quick shout out to Shaquille O'Neal whose initials are literally S.O.

How could I not name this blog after the man who, as far as I can tell, broke five times more basketball goals than the number of professional 3 point shots he made?

So, you might be wondering what else I'm going to talk about? And because this seems like a really important question to me why don't we start with this:

What is the Musical Trifecta?

Comments

  1. Todd, I don't even know if you are aware of how phony you sound!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for that note on something I wrote three years ago. You've got some reading to do if you want to catch up on my progress!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts